Monday 9 January 2012

What a day...

After being poorly all over Christmas I am finally feeling better and on Sunday I went up to Peterborough to spend the day with other Stampin' Up! demonstrators. The day was all about what we do 

Inspire 

Create
Share
 and included some inspirational conversations, lots of creativity - we made several projects during the day using fabulous new products...and sharing - sharing ideas and experiences and sharing our creative work. 
Before each of these get together events we all make some sample projects which we then swap and share with our fellow demos. This event we all used products form the new mini catalogue which was released last week.
For my swaps I decided to use the new fruits and flowers stamp set... and when I started out I had no idea where this would take me. These are a few of the swaps I made... 

Firstly I started out making cards using the fruits and flowers stamp set and teeny tiny wishes sentiments set, with strawberries and cherries stamped in real red ink and covered in crystal effects to really make them look juicy...I also used the heart punch, scalloped ribbon, some embossed card (using an embossing folder and my Big Shot) and some of the gorgeous ruffled ribbon. 
In the second set I just  couldn't resist adding in a few cards made using lucky limeade base card with chocolate chip textured card and the fabulously delicious Spice Cake range of designer papers



and as well as the cards I made these really cute little mini post it holders. For these I used the fruits and flowers stamp set in real red and old olive ink onto crumb cake and I chose a variety of  ways of decorating for the closures. These were such fun to make and are the perfect size to fit in a pocket , purse or handbag.


The swap items I got form my fellow demos were  amazing. I will try to take a photo of them and will upload it soon.

I returned home last evening, exhausted but invigorated and ready to get creative.

 I have great plans for things I would like to do in the coming year... 

What do you have planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment