Monday 3 September 2012

A few of my favourite things

Okay so the new seasonal catalogue is out and its fabulous... There really is something for everyone inside - even for the non-crafters.

The most obvious gorgeousness is the Christmas ornament on the front cover ( it is just amazing and has such potential...I can't wait for mine to arrive and as soon as it does I will be making a few sample projects)  but once you start to turn the pages, you will find that Stampin' Up! have great things in store for us....

First great new thing is bundles... these are specially chosen products  and when you buy them as a bundle you save 15% of the individual prices. There are a total of seven bundles in the seasonal catalogue including stamp sets with matching framelits dies, calender bundles ( these will make great little gifts)  a ghoulish bundle which includes a stamp set , treat bags and accessories (everything you need to make super fun treats) and a note cards bundle to make beautifully personalised Christmas cards  that family and friends will treasure...

I was at Leadership training in Reading yesterday and as part of all our Stampin' Up! meetings we swap sample cards and projects with other demonstrators. Among my swaps were some cards I made using the Ghoulish Googlies bundle.



 This is just one of the cards I made using the Googly Ghouls stamp set with a googly eye embellishment. Like so many other people, a bag of eyes was one of my very first purchases when I began my crafting adventures years ago now, but these are really super cute and the little black pupils roll around in the eyeball!

Now I am known for never making two exact versions of the same card, so of course I used all the stamps in the set in my swap making...and ended up with a full compliment of monsters, witches, bats and spiders...

This set is perfect for Halloween of course, but I can see it having lots of uses throughout the year.  for cards and other projects for monster fans.

While I wait for my order to arrive I am planning the projects I will make...I will share some more thoughts tomorrow as I complete my tour of the new seasonal catalogue .

Until then, take care




Christa   xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment