Tuesday 30 October 2012

55 days and counting

 It hardly seems possible but there are just 55 days until Christmas !!!

I have a two day Festive event booked in mid December and need to make lots of lovely goodies to sell ...and so I really have to start thinking about things Festive...

I have also been asked to provide some cards for Headway North London - the local branch of the  charity supporting those affected by brain injury.

With that in mind I grabbed my new Delicate Designs embossing folders and picked the snowflake option (there are two folders in this set and the  other one is a gorgeous lace effect) which I
used on both of these cards.

For the blue snowflake card I used the fabulous Bigz Snow Flurry to cut the snowflakes and punched circles of glimmer paper for the centre of each. The merry Christmas sentiment was stamped in tempting turquoise ink (to match the cardstock) and highlighted with rhinestones.

The Santa card was made using a border from the simply scrappin kit ( these kits have lots of uses and are definitely not just for scrapbooking). The Santa stamp is one from the Christmas Wishes hostess exclusive set from the Autumn Winter Seasonal catalogue. I used the itty bitty punch and some of the lush glimmer paper for the pom pom on the end of Santa's hat. The glimmer paper was also used for the decorative corner (Ssh...naughty me, the corner die used is not from SU)

I have a desk covered in stamped Santa's...I love this image it is such fun and there will be more cards and projects using this stamp in in the days that follow.  If you would like to learn how you can earn hostess stamps for yourself please do drop me a line

Until next time, take care

Christa   xx

No comments:

Post a Comment