Monday 18 February 2013

Just for fun

I have seen several cards for men using clothing as the basic design  and  decided to give it a try for the card for my nephew's birthday. I didn't have a template or guide so it took me a little while to figure out the exact dimensions for each layer but I was quite pleased with the end result...and hope that when Jonathan opens his card today it will make him smile.

For this project I used  the following cardstock: sahara sand ( for the base card) whisper white ( for the tee shirt - the detail was made using the 2" circle punch), basic grey (for the jacket...which I edged with basic grey ink and gave it the distressed treatment using the distressing tool in the spring & summer seasonal catalogue) The shirt and collar I made using designer series paper (retired and no longer available but suited my project perfectly). The badge was created using the Blue Ribbon stamp set with not quite navy ink.

With a little imagination, some card and designer paper, almost any card can be made to reflect the style of the recipient... I have a few other ideas along similar lines that I plan to try in the near future... but for today I wanted to share this one and to wish my lovely nephew Jonathan a very Happy Birthday!

Until next time, take care,

Christa   xx

No comments:

Post a Comment