Sunday 29 September 2013

Things with wings...

I have been busy making cards that will  be going  into card boxes and without realising I seem to have been caught up using things with wings...

Starting with the cute little bird... I used the chalk talk framelits for this card and  deliberately left the central panel plain to give some contrast to the embossing beneath...only once I had fixed it to the card front (and it was stuck firmly because I should hate anything to fall off a card...ever!) I thought it looked a little plain... so I grabbed the new (and totally fabulous) chalk talk marker and I simply doodled - Problem solved!    



  From birds to butterflies and this simple card (left) with random background stamping and  one of the lovely butterflies from Papillion Pot Pourri  stamp set, using matching butterfly punch....




and another card (right) using the butterfly and framelits from Backyard Basics. I punched out a circle form the embossed layer and stamped the greeting on the base card. I used ribbon to draw the eye to the wording panel and framed this with a scallop punch circle.   The butterfly acts as a bow...or at least that was my design intention...
                                               


Hope you like the samples . If you  have any questions, would like to know more about how these cards were made or the products used please drop me a line          

 Until next time

take care


Christa   xx                                           



No comments:

Post a Comment