Friday 13 June 2014

Father's Day

Last year I made my Dad a Father's Day card using the retiring clockworks set - one of my go to sets for men's cards, a real favourite that will be missing from the upcoming catalogue.. That particular card was a riot of colour and  featured rather a large amount of washi tape...

This year  I have opted for a more subdued monotone  scheme with a black base card and pierced ink-edged white feature panel stamped  with a train image (another  sneaky peek of a set from the new catalogue)
Again his card has washi tape but this time as an accent framing the gorgeous stamped panel.

I chose to use the largest  the basic metal buttons (which are carrying over  into the main catalogue)  along with epic day washi tape. The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  Because I had to send the card in the mail I popped the stamped panel and the sentiment on with dimensionals to counterbalance the button which was tied with paper twine. I hope this will help it survive the journey through the postal system which does not take too kindly to bulky or uneven  mail.

Anyhow that is the cad my ad will open on Sunday morning.... what did you make for yours?

Until next time, take care
Cxx


No comments:

Post a Comment