Monday 14 July 2014

Blooming...

I was asked to make a daughter birthday card and since I am still working my way through the new products I was delighted to find that the Bloom with Hope  (Hostess stamp set) comes with a Happy Birthday greeting too.

I used blackberry bliss and white for this dramatic card.  I chose one of the floral images and I used direct to stamp markers and blender pen on each image which I then cut by hand. I ink edged a couple of the flower and the rest I cut with a white edge so they would stand out against the  blackberry background.  I used labels framelits in white and blackberry and I used white gel pen for the faux stitching. I then arranged the flowers into a bouquet, (which was the tricky part for me because I have always been rubbish at any kind of flower arranging) with the background flowers  flat to the card and the front flowers  popped on dimensionals.

I layered blackberry bliss stitched  satin ribbon over a wider whisper white satin ribbon and secured them behind before adhering the embossed panel to a scalloped card front. I added a tiny bit of sparkle to the front flowers and popped on some pearls to finish it off.

That's it from me for now, Until next time, take care.


Christa   xx



No comments:

Post a Comment