Friday 18 July 2014

Love you...

 I am loving the new masks and today I played around with the hearts mask using strawberry slush ink onto very vanilla cardstock.
When I looked at the placement of the mask I noticed that the hearts are graduated in size and density and so I decided that I would try for an Ombre effect with my sponging.

I loaded up my sponge and started at the bottom and worked my way up to the top. Then I went back over the bottom section until I had the kind of coverage I wanted. I think it worked out okay.

I used pictogram punches stamp set (for the sentiment and the vase image) the new and rather beautiful Venetian Crochet trim, labels framelits & chalk talk framelits and the project life corner rounder punch.

For the 'flowers' to top the stamped stems I used punched hearts from another project where I had used the hearts border punch...I do so love that the punch outs are usable and I have popped the punch outs into little baggies ready for when I need a teeny heart or two.

To finish the card I ink all the edges and in the card above I added three mini pearls to the heart flowers...but in the card on the left I  went on to add a large pearl to the centre of the heart in the sentiment panel as well.

I am melting in this heatwave - it was a steamy 38C in my craftroom today and I could not spend long in there at all. It was like a sauna.

The thunder is crashing about now but there is no relief from the 84% humidity as yet... I am hoping for cooler times ahead.

until next time, take care

Christa   xx

No comments:

Post a Comment