Sunday 18 January 2015

Celebrate with cake...

Big Day is one of the fabulous freebie stamp sets available during the Sale-a-bration promotion and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it....

 I am well known for wishing every one I know a Happy Cakey Birthday and so this stamp set is just perfect for me... especially because it also comes with a Happy Birthday sentiment  and a stamp that reads and perhaps a little ice cream... and anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE ice cream , possibly more than I love cake. Thank  goodness don't have to choose!

On this card (one of seven that  I made for a swap) I used assorted markers to colour the various words on the focal stamp and blendabilities to colour the cake itself.  The lace is a new product in the spring summer catalogue (it is gorgeous) and I used the banner punch to make the little bunting banners along the top from the pink card of the scalloped mat and gold glimmer card to provide a little extra sparkle... after all everyone needs a little extra sparkle in their life.

I am working my way through my new products and formulating a new my favourites list ... which hopefully will be featured here shortly - along some samples featuring some of those new favourites

But for now, and until next time, take care.

Christa   xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment