Sunday 14 June 2015

These are a few of my favourite things....

So... the new annual catalogue launched this month and before my  first order of new goodies arrived, illness descended upon our house - and you'll get an idea of just how ill I was when I tell you that the delivery came and it was three full days before I even opened the box (shock horror) but Thankfully we are on the mend again now and I have opened the box, prepped all my new stamps sets and applied ink...

After my restraint on pre-order (one stamp set, one punch and all the new in-colour card and ink) I had a little fun with my first full order and I got quite a few stamp sets this time round. It was still hard to choose from all the lovely new stuff available.


I have a new clear favourite right now and that is the gorgeous Awesomely Artistic set (on page 125)
It has nine stamps in total and coordinates with  the 1" circle punch and the project life labels framelits that I already own.

I love this set so much already that I chose to use on the birthday card I made for my Mum....who loves nature and muted colour tones.

I used my ink pads and blender pen to add a light colour wash to the leaves and flowers and lightly ink edged the central panel using sponges. The finished card was a  big hit with the birthday girl!



The second set that is going to be so useful for so many projects is the Layered Letters Alphabet photopolymer set (on page 133).

This set has all the letters of the alphabet,some punctuation marks  and also comes with two solid block stamps...one is a circle and the other a rectangle and they are perfectly sized to fit the letters.

This set gives so many possibilities. In this card I chose to overlap the circles in one colour and stamp the letters in another colour, but you could opt to stamp each one differently, alternate colours, choose tone on tone... basically the sky's the limit with this one... and the letters are a good size for all manner of projects.



These are a couple of my new favourites... I will be back with some of the others in the next few days...As always if you have any questions, would like a copy of the new catalogue or if I can help with anything, please do get in touch

Bye for now

Christa   xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment