Tuesday 19 January 2016

In the Meadow

In recent years I have become a huge fan of the nature inspired stamp sets with animals and scenery. I still have every one I bought  even after some retired because I continue to use them often.

  In the Meadow is another lovely addition to my collection and this morning I have been playing around with this set.

The first thing I did was stamped and fussy cut each image to use  as a mask in scene building. I keep these tacked to the case lid with the stamps so they are ready when I need them.







For the first sample (above) I triple stamped the mountains and kept the rest of the scene as grassland with the saplings and deer in the foreground.

In the second sample (left) I used the same basic layout but added some pale water and edged it with sand  to make a divide between the grassland in the foreground and the mountains in the background.

In both samples I used darker shading on the closest range of mountains and lighter on the farthest most range to accentuate distance.


For my final sample I decided to try stamping on a piece of linen card I had sitting on my desk form another project. The linen texture card gives a whole difference result - especially in terms of how the card takes the colour. The lines of the stamped images are  much more defined too.

On this sample I changed the scenery composition slightly and added more water.

This was just my first attempts at playing around with this set. I already have in mind to use the scenery to build a scene for the 'airplane' from The Sky's the Limit  SAB stamp set...but that is for another day.

Until next time, take care
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment