Sunday 17 April 2016

Amazing BIrthday


Throughout this week I shall be continuing to show some love for some old favourites and today is the turn of Amazing Birthday and Perfect Pennants stamp sets.
I have used these sets a lot  in the past and so decided to try to do something different from the cards I have made before and I came up with two designs using the latest in-colours.

For the first one I used the brick wall embossing folder but I ran in through the machine twice, turning the paper for the second run to get a random geometric pattern for my background. I used the tag punch to make a detachable bookmark using the Perfect Pennants stamp set (because I love a card that is more than a card) and layered up the little elements using dimensionals to give extra depth.



On the second card I randomly stamped the  circles and stars with cucumber crush ink onto cucumber crush cardstock  and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then went oin with the same ink and the random splash stamp (from Awesomely Artistic set) to fill in the gaps.

I stamped the striped banner and  the happy birthday stack and layered them up on dimensionals.

The word window punch was used  for the strap and I stamped and punched the cake and popped it on dimensionals too.  Three enamel accents finished this off.

I was happy that even use the same colours,  I managed to make two very different designs.

Look out for more old favourites throughout the rest of the week.
Until next time, take care
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment