Sunday 10 April 2016

Hello friend


This was one of those cards that sort of emerged as I worked. I knew I wanted to use the hexagon stamp set but other than that it was a very organic process.

I have seen some lovely cards made with this set and a couple of strips of washi tape or a banner but they were A6 size and I wanted to work in 6x6 format. The patterns just did not work on the larger square.

 I decided I would use the 2014-16 in-colours (they will retire this summer so if you don't have them yet, get them now - they are fabulous!) and stamped a variety of hexagons and set them aside... while I started out with Gorgeous Grunge stamp set on glossy card using two colours to make the background. Once I had finished the splatter I added a line of blackberry bliss and sponged Blackberry bliss ink around the edges of the card before matting it onto a mossy meadow card.

The I began arranging my hexagons, ensuring there was at least one of each of the in-colours in the design...finally deciding on the arrangement you see in the photo. I adhered them to the base and the centre hexagon I popped up on dimensionals.

To finish the card I added a bow of silver thread and a layered stamped butterfly with rhinestones.

I was quite happy with the end result and delighted to have used a couple of sets I have not touched in a while. It has been great fun working with old favourites and I must do it more often...especially since I know when the new catalogue launches this summer I will be busy with new product offerings.

Until next time,
Cxx









No comments:

Post a Comment