Monday, 9 May 2016

Mixing the "old" with the new

As promised a current stamp set,  but together with the new 2016-2018 in colours ... because I simply could not resist!

There is a lot more stamping on this card than it may first appear. The background started life as a piece of 13.5 cm square very vanilla card. I stamped the floral images in each corner using the new Emerald Envy and  I stamped the dragonfly between the two. Then I set about building up the colour by using sponges and Dapper Denim ink, which was overlaid with stamping using white craft ink and built up until I was happy with the final result. I coloured the floral aspect with the remaining in colour selection and used a blender pen to drag some of the green of the foliage. Once that was done I added a mat of dapper denim and adhered it to a scallop card base.

I stamped three additional dragonfly images and cut them with scissors and used Tombow glue to stack them, being careful to only glue the centre of each layer to allow the wings to be free. Once that was all dry I adhered it over the top of the original stamped dragonfly. I added a  wink of Stella to the flowers and pearls for centres and the card is done. I will add a sentiment later when I decide to send it.

That's it for now, until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment