Friday 8 July 2016

Mixed Borders


 I recently took part in a team swap to highlight some of the fabulous products in the 2016-17 annual catalogue.  With so many to chose form it was hard to decide which set I was going to use but in the end I opted for Mixed Borders.

I will admit that when I first looked through the catalogue I initially overlooked this little gem, but a second look and I saw the real potential. It comes with a number of  really useful sentiments and the best part is that they fit right into the gap on the border stamps....and lots of other sentiments/wording options can fit there too.  Of course with the stamps being photopolymer it is really easy to see to line them up if you need to extend the length of the border or repeat a pattern. In addition to the border stamps and sentiments there are some other elements that allow you to stamp background patterns, making this a very versatile set indeed.

For the purpose of this swap I chose to make a double z fold card and to work with the new 2016-18 in-colours                                                                                                           In the main photo I used flirty flamingo with the floral border option. For the card on the right I used the same stamp options but in peekaboo peach.                             
           
                             
For the card on the left I opted for emerald envy and used the leaf border and accessories, with the dotted border in between in a complimentary colour.

For all of the cards I used the  matching element stamps in the same colour as the base card to create the background patterns for the front folds and the z fold panel strip and the punched butterfly.


I finished it off with a wink of Stella  and some basic pearls on the butterfly for that added bit of bling.

Well that's it for now. Until next time
Cxx



No comments:

Post a Comment